WHO IS IT FOR?
People aged 16 years and older
Candidates must be in excellent physical condition, have good training ethics and have developed abilities in a circus discipline or in a similar activity such as dance, gymnastics, trampoline, martial arts, etc.
The École de cirque de Québec offers 2 programs
For Quebecers and French
- DEC Program – $400.00, plus taxes ($459.90)
- DEE Program – $5000.00, plus taxes ($5748.75)
DESCRIPTION OF THE SPECIFIC TRAINING COURSES IN CIRCUS ARTS
This training program is focused on realizing a personal creative project in a specific discipline and on developing other necessary abilities to become a circus artist.
(Click on the “+” to know more)
Three years, 35 weeks per year, from the end of August to early June.
Supervision of a project in a main discipline, development of abilities in a secondary discipline and training in complementary classes to support the main discipline.
The possible choices of disciplines include the following:
- Floor Acrobatics (Hand to Hand, Balancing, Cyr Wheel, Contortion, etc.)
- Aerial Acrobatics (Chinese Pole, Trampoline, Korean pole, Tight Wire, etc.)
- Artistic Aerials (Silks, Aerial Hoop, Corde Lisse, etc.)
- Juggling – manipulation
- Clowning Art
- Contemporary dance
- Classical dance
- Various workshops
- Knowledge of the various facets of the profession.
- Training theory
- Injury care
- Stage technology
- Applied bio-mecanics
- Career management
- History of circus
- Physical preparation