Audition information for advanced training
Diplôme d’études collégiales
To register to the DEC, candidates must do the following:
1 DEC candidates must enter an admission request at the SRACQ (Service régional d’admission au collégial de Québec) at www.sracq.qc.ca. The deadline to do so is on March 1st, 2017 (Foreign students: February 15, 2017)
For more information regarding the registration to the audition: firstname.lastname@example.org
2 Candidates also have to register for the audition at the École de cirque by filling the audition registration form.
Diplôme d’études d’établissement
To register to the DEE, candidates must register for the audition by filling the audition registration form.
For more information concerning the registration process
All candidates, no matter which program they apply for, must successfully pass the audition prior to being accepted in one of the programs offered by the École de cirque de Québec
Auditions in person
Auditions will be on February 27 and March 10, 2017. Each candidate will be given one date. The audition takes place at the École de cirque de Québec, between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm. The registration form must be received by the École de cirque de Québec by Monday, February 13, 2017.
- Candidates living outside Quebec can audition by video. The video must present the requested movements in the document Audition by video content (downloadable).
- The registration form must be received by the École de cirque de Québec by Monday, February 13, 2017
- Videos must be received by March 10, 2017.
- Send video by YouTube , Wetransfer, Dropbox, or Onedrive link. We also still accept DVDs
Audition registration fees are $98 CAN (non-refundable)
Payable by the following payment methods
- Canadian cheque (paid to École de cirque de Québec)
- Cash or credit card
- Fund transfer (download the document Fund transfer)
- PayPal at the following address: email@example.com
If you use PayPal, do not forget to write the reason for your payment (i.e. audition) and the name of the person for whom you are paying.
Where do you send the form?
Send your registration form preferably by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to :
École de cirque de Québec
750, 2e Avenue
Québec (Québec) G1L 3B7 Canada
The same registration form is used for all programs.Registration forms
Candidate’s evaluation at the audition
Each candidate will be evaluated on the following:
- Physical condition, flexibility, basic knowledge in acrobatics (ground acrobatics, trampoline, hand stand)
- Level of capacities in your principal technique (the one you choose for your circus training)
- Artistic expression (dance and theatre)
Two-minute presentation of a short physical performance in your main discipline showing your artistic abilities.
The act can include various artistic disciplines, such as dance, singing and music.
(Music, costumes and limited accessories are allowed)
A short interview will follow the presentation
Be careful in your discipline choice for your 2-minute act of the audition. Final selections will be made regarding that presented discipline. The presented discipline will be considered your main discipline for your training.
Your act will be evaluated using the following:
- Communication and expression
- Sense of rhythm
- Aesthetics, posture and corporal alignment.
Technical evaluation: Having the basics in the potential discipline.
After the audition, the selection committee chooses accordingly to various requirements to compose the group: Diversity of disciplines, DEC versus DEE, etc. The possibility of entering bridging courses (Preparatory program) might be offered to some candidates.
Answers will be delivered 6 to 8 weeks after the last audition.