SUMMER WORKSHOP - GENERAL WORKSHOP
Given the health measures in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 summer workshops at the École de cirque de Québec are only available to Canadian residents.
All participants are required to respect the health and safety rules in force at the time of their workshop.
These Summer Workshops are offered to people aged 18 years old and over. Participants must have some acquired knowledge in circus arts (or in a high performance sport) on top of acquired knowledge in basic disciplines (acrobatics, handstands, flexibility and physical conditioning) and they are looking to further develop their skills in these fields.
Preview of how each workshop is scheduled (per week)
- 7,5 hours in your main discipline
- 3 hours of acrobatics
- 2 hours of handstands
- 2 hours of trampoline
- Physical conditioning (ex : flexibility, weight training, Pilates, yoga, etc.)
- Various complementary workshops (ex. dance, theatrical acting, mime, flying trapeze, etc.)
- Experience in circus arts* ;
- Good physical shape and stamina.
* Our workshops are not for beginners and they are not instructors’ trainings. Candidates must already have some acquired skills in circus arts or in a high performance sport in order to take full advantage of these workshops.
Monday to friday
Between 8:30 AM and 6:00 PM
2 weeks per workshop
Approximately 30 hours per week
- Workshop 1: June 14th to June 25th 2021
* Holiday – St-Jean Baptiste
- Workshop 2 : June 28th to July 9th 2021
*Holiday – Canada Day
- Workshop #3 : July 12th to July 23rd 2021
*Schedules are organized according to the holidays. Thus, it is possible that the time allowed for the main disciplines differs from the preview above.
Available disciplines (limited spots)
You can only choose 1 main discipline per workshop.
Aerials (lyra/hoop, straps, tissu/silks, dance trapeze, fixed trapeze) | Chinese hoops | Contortion | Free standing ladder | Handstands | Tight wire | Juggling | Hand to hand* | Chinese pole | Unicycle | German wheel | Cyr wheel | Trampwall | Acrobatic bicycle
* Disciplines in duo are offered only to those who register with their partner.
$850 CAD + taxes per workshop (2 weeks)
$100 discount when you register for two consecutive workshops (4 weeks)
$200 discount when you register for three consecutive workshops (6 weeks)
12 spots available
Deadlines for registrations :
- Workshop 1 – May 14th 2021
- Workshop 2 – May 28th 2021
- Workshop 3 – June 11th 2021
We reserve ourselves the right to cancel any workshop if the minimum of 6 participants is not reached on the day after the registration deadline of each workshop (Workshop 1 – May 15th, Workshop 2 – May29th & Workshop 3 – June 12th).
Registrations canceled before each workshops’ respective deadline are eligible for a full refund. For all cancelations after the deadlines, please see our refund policy below.
- Create a Qidigo Profile (https://www.qidigo.com/login )
- Upload a profile photo (must see face clearly)
- Fill out a registration form about your experience, injuries, motivations, main discipline, etc.
- Pay registration fees – Credit card only ; you can pay online through Qidigo
(To register to more than one workshop, you must add each desired workshops in your customer’s basket on Qidigo before completing your purchase)
- Once your file has been submitted and paid for, you will receive a confirmation email from ÉCQ 24 to 48 hours later. You can access your information and bills anytime through your Qidigo profile.
Please note that your Qidigo profile only allows you to select an address in Canada. You can use the School’s one to complete this one. However, it is important that your full permanent address is entered on your personal form.
RUFUND POLICY FOR OUR SUPERIOR STUDIES' SUMMER WORKSHOPS
Cancelation by École de cirque de Québec
If one of the workshop is canceled by ÉCQ, the registered participant will receive a full refund of his registration fees.
Cancelation by the participant – before the deadline
Any participant who cancels his registration to a workshop before the respective deadline of the workshop in question will be eligible to receive a full refund of his registration fees.
Cancelation by the participant – after the deadline
Any participant who cancels his registration to a workshop after the respective deadline of the workshop in question will be eligible to receive a partial refund of his registration fees according to the numbers of days not used. In addition, there is an administrative fee of 10% which will be charged on the invoice.