SUMMER WORKSHOP - SPECIALIZED WORKSHOP
Given the health measures in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 summer workshops at the École de cirque de Québec are only available to Canadian residents.
All participants are required to respect the health and safety rules in force at the time of their workshop.
These Summer Workshops are offered to people aged 18 years old and over. Participants must already have experience in a circus discipline on top of acquired technical skills and they are looking to further develop their skills in their discipline. Your application must be approved by the École de cirque de Québec’s selection committee before you can register for these specialized workshops.
Preview of how each workshop is scheduled (per day)
- 2 hours in your main discipline ;
- 1 hour in a complementary discipline related to your main discipline, chosen for you by ÉCQ (trampoline, active flexibility or acrobatics) ;
- 2 hours distributed between classes of physical preparation, general flexibility or various workshops (ex. dance, theatrical acting).
- Solid experience in circus arts* ;
- Good physical shape and stamina.
* Our workshops are not for beginners and they are not instructors’ trainings. Candidates must already have solid acquired skills in circus arts in order to take full advantage of these workshops.
Monday to friday
Between 8:30 AM and 6:00 PM
2 weeks per workshop
Approximately 25 hours per week
- Workshop 1: June 14th to June 25th 2021
* Holiday – St-Jean Baptiste
- Workshop 2 : June 28th to July 9th 2021
*Holiday – Canada Day
- Workshop #3 : July 12th to July 23rd 2021
*Schedules are organized according to the holidays. Thus, it is possible that the time allowed for the main disciplines differs from the preview above.
Available disciplines (limited spots)
You can only choose 1 main discipline per workshop.
Aerials (lyra/hoop, straps, tissu/silks, dance trapeze, fixed trapeze) | Chinese hoops | Contortion | Free standing ladder | Handstands | Tight wire | Juggling | Hand to hand* | Chinese pole | Unicycle | German wheel | Cyr wheel | Trampwall | Acrobatic bicycle
* Disciplines in duo are offered only to those who register with their partner.
$1000 CAD + taxes per workshop (2 weeks)
$100 discount when you register for two consecutive workshops (4 weeks)
$200 discount when you register for three consecutive workshops (6 weeks)
6 spots available
Deadlines for registrations :
- Workshop 1 – May 14th 2021
- Workshop 2 – May 28th 2021
- Workshop 3 – June 11th 2021
We reserve ourselves the right to cancel any workshop if the minimum of 4 participants is not reached on the day after the registration deadline of each workshop (Workshop 1 – May 15th, Workshop 2 – May29th & Workshop 3 – June 12th).
Registrations canceled before each workshops’ respective deadline are eligible for a full refund. For all cancelations after the deadlines, please see our refund policy below.
APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION
You must submit an application by email and it must contains the following elements :
- Updated resume ;
- Recent video of a technical performance in your circus discipline (YouTube link or a video transfer through WeTransfer) ;
- A short paragraph explaining your objectives & motivations for this specialized workshop.
Send everything in one email to [email protected]
A confirmation notice will be emailed to you 24 to 48 hours after you send your application. Once your file has been analyzed and judged eligible by ÉCQ, you will receive a new confirmation by email which will contain all the details and links you need for your registration on the Qidigo platform.
RUFUND POLICY FOR OUR SUPERIOR STUDIES' SUMMER WORKSHOPS
Cancelation by École de cirque de Québec
If one of the workshop is canceled by ÉCQ, the registered participant will receive a full refund of his registration fees.
Cancelation by the participant – before the deadline
Any participant who cancels his registration to a workshop before the respective deadline of the workshop in question will be eligible to receive a full refund of his registration fees.
Cancelation by the participant – after the deadline
Any participant who cancels his registration to a workshop after the respective deadline of the workshop in question will be eligible to receive a partial refund of his registration fees according to the numbers of days not used. In addition, there is an administrative fee of 10% which will be charged on the invoice.